In less than 5 minutes, you will be owing your first Bitcoin hassle FREE.
How to Buy Bitcoins with MPesa
Buying Bitcoins with MPesa in Kenya is much more simple on Crypto Coin Exchanges like these 4 Bitcoin Exchanges in Kenya from where you can Buy Bitcoins with MPesa and Paxful Bitcoin Exchange such that from anywhere in East Africa region, you can use your country’s local currency to amass a stake of Bitcoins.
Tanzania, Ethiopia and Uganda can buy Bitcoin with Tanzania Shillings, Ethiopian Birr and Uganda Shillings respectively and so can Kenyans amass a stake of Bitcoins with Kenya Shillings.
Before you continue to read this post, it is essential to learn and know what an MPesa Mobile Wallet is and why it has created its own unparalleled niche as an exemplary cashless Payment Service especially in the East African block of countries.
MPesa has facilitated ease of doing business and a smooth means of transacting business in this part of Africa.
MPesa has provided Financial Inclusion to those who were previously unbanked and this has made it easy, simple and painless to pay for goods and services.
MPesa has also made it very convenient to pay and access government services.
It has also helped stymie rampant corruption that has always been prevalent with most government institutions and offices.
Any Bitcoin Exchange or Crypto Coin Exchange that shuns MPesa is considered alien and discriminating to the Kenyan locals here.
This is the reason why peer exchanges like Paxful Bitcoin Exchange are having significant success in Kenya.
This is because
Money here in Kenya exchanges hands, NO! Money here in Kenya is exchanged more often via Mobile Money Wallets like MPesa or AirtelMoney.
Money in Kenya hops more often from one Mobile Phone’s Wallet to another than it does via cash payments by hand.
Should you be looking for information on How to Quickly Cash your Bitcoins to Kenya Shillings, check out this post on How to Withdraw Bitcoins to MPESA
Should you be looking for information on How to Quickly Buy Ethereum Coins in Kenya Shillings via MPesa, check out this post on How to Buy Ethereum with MPesa in Kenya
Learn How to choose Good Bitcoin Account User Name and How to avoid Bad Bitcon Account User Name when registering for a FREE Bitcoin Account on a Bitcoin Exchange like Paxful. See some of the Bitcoin User Names Kenyan Bitcoin Traders use online here.
You can Buy Bitcoin hassle free in Kenya using Kenya Shilling without converting your money to USD (United States Dollars) or EUR (Euros) or GBP (Great Britain Pound) on these Exchanges
- Paxful Bitcoin Exchange
Why is it more Simple and Easy to Buy Bitcoins with MPesa in Kenya Shillings on Paxful Exchange than on any other Bitcoin Exchange?
Kenya Shilling is limited for use in Kenya only. Every country has their own currency and so does Kenya.
Most of the Crypto coins exchanges accept USD (United States Dollars) or EUR (Euros) and if you do not have a way of converting your KShs to USD or EUR you meet your first obstacle.
Luckily, Paxful Bitcoin Exchange, LocalBitcoins, Remitano are Peer to Peer Bitcoin Exchanges where you can actually find traders within your locality who are willing to sell and buy Bitcoins from you in your local currency.
A Bitcoin Exchange is an online website where you can find Traders who are Selling Bitcoin and where you can Sell your Bitcoin to ready Bitcoin Buyers. (Ni kama kusema soko ya Bitcoins or a Bitcoin Market Place).
Well known and vibrant Bitcoin Market places frequented by People all around the world and also in Kenya where you will find Kenyan traders who are ready any time of the day or at night to Sell and Buy Bitcoin in Kenya Shillings to you are; Paxful Bitcoin Exchange, LocalBitcoins, Remitano .
Where in Kenya can I Buy Bitcoins via MPesa?
To buy Bitcoins on any Bitcoin Exchange, you must have a Bitcoin Account on a Bitcoin Exchange where you want to Buy or Sell Bitcoin.
A Bitcoin User Account is also commonly known as a Bitcoin Wallet. Paxful Bitcoin Exchange, LocalBitcoins, Remitano and LocalCryptos will give you a FREE Bitcoin Account / FREE Bitcoin Wallet. to welcome you to trade on their Platform ( Bitcoin Exchange ).
With these basics on our hands, I will now teach you How to Buy Bitcoin using MPesa in Kenya.
The remainder of this post will show you How to Buy Bitcoin on Paxful Bitcoin Exchange via MPESA.
Do not forget to check the following MPesa Charges levied for MPesa Transactions in Kenya.
To buy and pay for anything via MPESA, you must have a registered Safaricom SIM card which is configured for MPESA by Safaricom.
Should you be wondering how do you get a Safaricom SIM card for your Phone and get it Registered for use, visit this web Page to learn How to Buy and Get your Safaricom SIM Card Registered for use with your Mobile Phone so that you can use MPesa.
This article assumes that you already know how to use MPesa to make and receive payments with your Safaricom Registered SIM Card from your Phone.
I will not assume everyone does. So, if you still would like to enroll and register for MPesa and you do not know how to start or go about it, worry not, check out this Safaricom MPesa’s web page here with information on how to register for MPesa for FREE.
You can buy Bitcoin for as little as KShs 10,000. Some traders on Paxful Bitcoin Exchange can be willing to sell to you Bitcoins for that amount. What you need to do is to find them on Paxful Bitcoin Exchange.
The rest of this article I will dedicate it to equip you with information to Help you Buy your first Bitcoin with MPESA in Kenya from Paxful Bitcoin Exchange.
Ready we get started? Read on!
Login to Paxful Bitcoin Exchange and create a FREE Bitcoin User Account ( also known as Bitcoin Wallet ).
IMPORTANT: If anyone tells you that you need to pay some amount of money to get Registered for Bicoin in Kenya, that person is telling you a big white lie.
Be smart do not fall prey to those deceitful con artists ( Nimekupasha habari mwenzangu ).
How to Buy Bitcoins in Kenya with MPesa on Paxful Bitcoin Exchange?
A Paxful Bitcoin Exchange trader will NOT have Bitcoins packaged for Kshs 10000, KShs 20000, KShs 50000, KShs 100000, KShs 500000 or anything like that so that you can choose a combination you want like you are buying tomatoes in a market. Hahaa !
Here things are a little bit different.
A Bitcoin trader lists the price in Kshs per 1 Bitcoin. e.g. KShs 1972500.
The Paxful Bitcoin Exchange calculates in realtime as you type the amount of Bitcoin you will receive as you type the amount of KShs you are willing to spend to Buy Bitcoin.
You can see this as you type amount in KShs. The Paxful Bitcoin exchange unlike other Bitcoin trading platforms has a very simple, friendly and an intuitive user interface and besides they also hold functions in Kenya to create more awareness and receive feedback about their Bitcoin Trading Platform.
This is a PLUS for a business that aspires to avail to the market a Bitcoin Trading solution that meets customer requirements, needs and ease of making payments.
How to Buy Bitcoins with MPesa in 5 Simple Steps
To Buy Bitcoins with MPesa follow these 5 Simple and Easy steps;
- First, top up your MPesa account with Cash.
- Secondly, find a Trusted Bitcoin Trader who transacts with MPesa.
- Select amount of Bitcoins you want to Buy with MPesa.
- Thereafter, credit your Bitcoin Trader’s MPesa account with the MPesa amount you want to Buy Bitcoins for.
- After receiving your MPesa, the Bitcoin Trader will immediately send you Bitcoins to your Bitcoin wallet.
That’s it. It is that simple! Check your Bitcoin Wallet after 1 minute to confirm you have received your Bitcoin
Your Guiding Checklist to Buying Bitcoin Safely with MPesa in Kenya
Like in any market, you want to buy Bitcoins from an authentic / trusted trader and one whose prices are not exorbitant. So how do you do that?
On Paxful Bitcoin Exchange a Bitcoin trader has two ratings you can use to gauge the following;
- Number of trades they have successfully transacted.
- Their reputation as number of green likes. How many people have accorded this trader likes after doing successful trades with them?
Just Below a Bitcoin trader’s name you will see on the left a value with green likes e.g . (100 green likes).
The value 100 green likes indicates that the trust level of this trader is confirmed by 100 Kenyans who bought Bitcoins from them and gave them positive feedback by giving them a green like.
One good thing about Buying Bitcoin unlike Sending money via MPESA to someone you do not know online is that on Paxful Bitcoin Exchange you can determine how honest / legitimate / safe / authentic / trustworthy a trader is before you enter into any business with them.
The reputation e.g. ( 10000 trades, 9810 green likes ) rating helps you determine that this person has done 10000 trades and received 9810 green likes from contented persons who traded successfully with them.
Once you understand and figure out how to interpret these numbers, you will know who to trust and open Bitcoin trade with.
You can also determine if you want to Buy Bitcoins from a Bitcoin trader who has carried out several Bitcoins transactions or one with fewer trades e.g. (30+, 100+, 1000+, 5000+).
The community on Paxful Bitcoin Exchange has a way of self policing itself to make it safe for everyone to trade there.
I hope you now get the drift.
What you need to concern yourself with is minimizing your risks of transacting with a dishonest trader!
You want to eliminate the chances of getting scammed.
The higher the number of trades and number of green likes, the safer it is to trade with that Bitcoin trader. 100% feels much safe.
Some good traders do at times get bad ratings from Bitcoin buyers which ultimately translates to red dislikes. These can come about as a result of misunderstandings or them taking a little longer to release Bitcoins to Buyers or may be triggered by other minor client relation issues.
Green dot (Bitcoin Trader’s Online Status is Active)
When Buying Bitcoins, always Buy from a Bitcoin trader whose online activity is marked with a Green dot.
The Green dot means that the Bitcoin trader is online and is ready to sell Bitcoins to you.
Orange and Grey color status mean that the trader was online a moment ago and the trader has not been online for some time.
In simple logic, if you go to a shop and find it is closed you do not stay there and wait for ages for the shopkeeper to open their shop, you check out which other shop is opened and go buy from the shopkeeper who is open for business.
So while this closed / opened shop example is applied in Bitcoin trade on Paxful Bitcoin Exchange you should open trade with a Bitcoin trader whose online activity is marked with a Green dot ( …hapo sawa ama namna gani wenzangu?)
If you have reached this far, you are doing great!
You have now learnt how to assess / evaluate a Bitcoin trader’s reputation by looking at the number of positive green likes and also by looking at the number of Bitcoin trades they have successfully done previously. You can now also tell whether a Bitcoin trader is online or not so you will not have to initiate trade with Bitcoin traders who are not open for business.
A greater number of positive green likes value gives more reputation to the honesty of the trader.
A greater number of trades value estimates the number of successful trades a Bitcoin trader has done previously with other Kenyan Bitcoin buyers.
A Green color online status activity shows you that the Bitcoin trader is open to do business with you.
You are now ready to Buy Bitcoins with MPESA from Paxful Bitcoin Exchange Exchange from a trader with Higher Bitcoin sales and Trusted Reputation of Green Likes status.
Always Buy Bitcoin from an experienced trader and with a trader whose online status is Green in color implying they are online and ready to sell Bitcoin to you at that minute. This should from now henceforth be your guiding check list.
If you had not created a FREE Bitcoins account on Paxful Bitcoin Exchange you can Register for one right now on Paxful Bitcoin Exchange or click the picture below to Start your FREE Bitcoin Registration right away !
Most Bitcoin traders on Paxful Bitcoin Exchange are ready and eager to sell Bitcoins to you via MPESA.
The only remaining thing now before you have your first Bitcoins is to identify which trader is giving you the Best offer!
There are no Discounts here. Hahaa ! You just check who has tabled the best offer and open a trade with them.
If you are now ready to Buy Bitcoins via MPESA, let’s say you want to Buy Bitcoins for KShs 10000 or KShs 20000 or KShs 50000 or KShs 70000 or even more from your MPESA and you have already logged into Paxful Bitcoin Exchange, the other thing you need to do is to identify the Bitcoin trader on Paxful Bitcoin Exchange who meets your Guiding checklist for safe trading, has a Good offer and follow these below 10 steps on How to Buy Bitcoins with MPesa in Kenya;
Here are the 10 Steps for How to Buy Bitcoins with MPesa in Kenya
- Select the Bitcoin trader you wish to Buy Bitcoins from on the given list of traders.
- Click Buy button on the selected trader to initiate the transaction.
- This will now open the Bitcoin trader’s panel where you can see their Price, the Payment methods they accept, their User name, Trade limits, Location, Payment window.
- Scroll below and find How much you wish to buy? and in the Sky Blue text below with a KES prefix, enter amount you want to spend to buy Bitcoins. In our example we enter 10000. Note that the Sky Blue text box with BTC prefix just below where you are typing the KES amount will start populating with Bitcoin value for the amount you entered.
- After you have entered the amount at KES Sky blue textbox you want to Buy Bitcoin with, take note that you can see the equivalent BTC you will be receiving on the sky blue text box with BTC prefix. The BTC value will be 0.XXXXX where X may be any of these numbers e.g. 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9. if you are not buying 1 full Bitcoin but if you are Buying one full Bitcoin, enter the Price specified by the Bitcoin trader at the KES sky blue textbox and the BTC sky blue text box will change to 1.000000. )
- Scroll down and you will find there’s a textarea inscribed with this text, Write your contact message and other information to the trader here…(optional). You can can type something like this to get started with the Bitcoin trader. You could say anything to them or you could drop something like this on this text area, Hello, I would like to buy Bitcoin from you now via MPESA. Which NO do I send you MPESA cash with ? then click the Send trade request Green button to start a convo with the Bitcoin trader and get the trade started (… hivo tu ! biashara imeanza tayari!)
- The convo ( conversation will flow like a whatsapp chat). The Bitcoin trader will establish a rapport with you and brief you on how you are going to make your payment via MPESA. They will give you a Safaricom number e.g. 0722XXXXXX where you will send them the cash amount you specified in the KES sky blue text box. In our example, you will go to your MPESA and send KShs 10000 to 0722XXXXXX the Bitcoin trader’s MPESA account number.
- Once you have sent your MPESA amount to the Bitcoin trader, he / she will release the Bitcoins to you immediately. Most professional traders will release Bitcoins to you in less than a minute after they verify your payment details. Make sure you use our Guiding checklist so that you can easily identify these types of traders on Paxful Bitcoin Exchange so that you can buy your Bitcoins hassle free !
- Once a trader has released Bitcoins to you, at the very top of your Web Browser, just below the Address Bar, you will see a numeric value preceded with Bitcoin’s Bold B icon. Something like B 0.005780. Refresh your button a few seconds after you have sent your MPESA payment and your Bitcoin value will reflect at the top of your Web Browser. That is now your Bitcoin. Congratulations you now have your first Bitcoin !
- After your first MPESA Bitcoin purchase, you can decide to Buy anything you wish with your Bitcoins, you can even Buy other Crypto Coins with your Bitcoins or even decide to Buy more and more Bitcoin and wait for the value of Bitcoin in the market to go Up then sell your Bitcoins to make lots of Profits.
That’s all ! Now you know How to Buy Bitcoins with MPESA on Paxful Bitcoin Exchange.
Remember to Buy Bitcoin when it is priced Low in Kenya Shillings value and Sell Bitcoin when it is priced High in Kenya Shillings to make it a profitable venture.
If you adhere to this simple principle, you will soon find out that you do not need much smarts to figure out How to Buy Bitcoins with MPesa and the whole experience is plain Simple and Easy to do on your own from your Phone without requiring any third party intervention whatsoever.
How to Buy Bitcoins with Kenya Shillings from your Bank Account in Kenya
Prefer Bank to MPesa? If you are looking for an easier and safe way to Buy Bitcoins with Kenya Shillings and Pay with your Specific Bank Account, the criteria you adhere to is the same one as that of Buying Bitcoins with MPesa.
What you will need to do is to find Bitcoin Traders who accept Bank to Bank transfer and Credit their Bank Account via PesaLink or if you are both in the same Bank, you transfer Kenya Shillings from your Bank Account Straight to their Bank Account.
In the same way a Bitcoin Trader issues you with their MPesa number or Till NO to credit their Safaricom’s Mobile Money wallet, the Bitcoin Trader will give you their Bank Name e.g. ‘National Bank of Kenya‘ or ‘Equity Bank‘ or any other Bank in Kenya, and their ‘Bank Account Number‘. Just those Two (2) details only and maybe their name in some exception cases.
The Bitcoin Trader from whom you are buying Bitcoins from (i.e. the one Selling to you Bitcoins) will then notify you to proceed and Credit their Bank Account. Do not take long to do so.
Once the Bitcoin Trader confirms you have honored your part of the Deal by sending the required amount to their Bank Account, they will promptly release Bitcoins to your Bitcoin Wallet.
It is that simple. You can Get all Active Bitcoin Traders in Kenya, from whom you can Buy Bitcoins by crediting their Kenyan Bank Accounts at Paxful Bitcoin Exchange.
That’s it !
Once again, remember to Buy Bitcoin when it is priced Low in Kenya Shillings value and Sell when it is priced High in Kenya Shillings to make it a profitable venture.
Happy Bitcoin Trading !